Fort Lauderdale Attorney & Advocate
Attorney Arielle Capuano is an experienced attorney, business owner, and nonprofit leader. Utilizing her professional skills, knowledge, and expansive network, Arielle supports clients across Florida in planning for and evolving through the opportunities, challenges, and events of life. Arielle believes that each matter is unique, requiring its own initial and ongoing strategic assessments as to what process and steps are best for each client. Arielle offers her clients an unwavering commitment to professionalism, representing her clients’ interests with passion and compassion.
With substantial experience negotiating and litigating complex divorce, family law, child custody, and other complex children’s issues, Arielle is an advocate for children both in and out of the courtroom. Arielle is the immediate past and longest running Chair of the Board of Directors and a Founding Board Member of Voices for Children of Broward County. Through her work with Voices and the Guardian ad Litem Program, Arielle has helped effectuate positive change in the lives of thousands of local at-risk children.
Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Recognized for her work in divorce, custody, and family law matters, Arielle’s experience ranges from uncontested divorces to complex divorces, high asset divorces, high profile divorces, private divorces, cooperative divorces, same-sex divorces, pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, estate planning, medical planning documents, adoptions, paternity, custody, post-judgment modifications, enforcement and contempt, relocation, domestic violence, name changes, dependency, and more.
Business Law & Development
As a business owner herself, Arielle understands what is important to entrepreneurs and other business professionals when starting or growing a company. Arielle supports clients in formation, acquisition, and sale of business entities, contract drafting and negotiating, protecting intellectual property, franchising, providing outside general counsel services, and providing other business law and development services. Arielle offers structure, advice, advocacy, and strategies to help her clients reach their best in the development, growth, and protection of business enterprises.
Arielle is a Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Law Mediator and is passionate about empowering clients to preserve resources and relationships by coming to their own terms whenever possible. Arielle draws upon her litigation and other professional experience to help the parties find grounding, perspective, and creative solutions to the problems they face.
Arielle is a Certified Yoga Teacher and enjoys integrating Yoga and Mindfulness principles into the practice of law and mediation, to best support her clients and the community. Arielle understands that taking a strategic, mindful approach to each matter ensures the focus remains on what is best for the client.
While focusing on settlement and mediated options is almost always preferred, Arielle also understands the time-sensitive and delicate nature of certain family law issues that are difficult to settle and may require a Trial or Final Hearing, especially when dealing with such significant matters as relocation, impaired parents, substance abuse, addiction, parental kidnapping, and supervised visitation. Arielle has experience navigating clients through difficult and emotionally charged issues, while always remaining focused on what is best for the client and the client’s children.
Recognition & Honors
- Rated 10/10 on Avvo.com
- Rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Rated a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Honored as Broward County Bar Association Co-Chair of the Year for Attorney Wellness Programming
- Honored as a WestCare “SHE-roe”
- Honored as a Founding Board Member of Voices for Children of Broward County
- Recognized as a “Top Up and Comer” by South Florida Legal Guide
- Recognized as “Top Lawyers” by Miami Herald
- Recognized as “Top 50 Lawyers in America” by Americastoplawyers.org
- Recognized as “Top 3 Divorce Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale” by Three Best Rated
- Recognized as “Best Divorce Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale” by Expertise
- Received Avvo.com Client’s Choice Award & Top Contributor Award
Professional & Charitable Associations
- Immediate Past Chair of the Board of Directors, Voices for Children of Broward County
- Founding Member of the Advisory Council, Meals on Wheels South Florida
- Volunteer Guardian ad Litem, GAL Program, 17th Judicial Circuit – Broward County
- Co-Chair of the Wellness Section, Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the Wellness Committee of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Ad Hoc Health & Wellness Committee of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Health & Wellness Committee of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Women in Leadership Committee of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the, Mentorship Committee of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the, Social, Sports and Goodwill Committee of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the Membership Committee of the Broward County Bar Association
- Ad Hoc Member of the Family Law Financial Affidavit Subcommittee, Family Law Rules Committee of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Family Law Section, Business Law Section, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Family Law Section, Business Law Section, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the Downtown Fort Lauderdale Civic Association
- Member of the Thompson Reuters Law Firm Council
- Member of the Women in Business & Law Group
- Panelist for “Staying Mentally Grounded” for Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida, Inc., Legal Aid Service of Broward County, and Legal Aid Service of Collier County, 2022
- Speaker and Yoga Teacher for “The Mindful Lawyer: Mindful Law Practice” for the Broward County Bar Association Yoga for Lawyers Series, 2022
- Panelist for “Mindful Mediation” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2022
- Panelist for “Staying Mentally Grounded” for the Broward County Bar Association Bench and Bar Conference, 2022
- Panelist for “The Yogi Lawyer: Self Study” for the Broward County Bar Association Yoga for Lawyers Series, 2022
- Speaker for 6-Part “Yoga for Lawyers Series” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2022
- Panelist for “Legal Career Panel” for Women of Tomorrow, 2021
- Panelist for “A Transitioning Practice, Litigation to Mediation” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2021
- Speaker and Yoga Teacher for “Tuesdays in May Wellness Series: Yoga” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2021
- Panelist for “Mindful Mediation” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2021
- Panelist for “Remote Mediation: Effective Mediation Advocacy in the Virtual Era” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2020
- Panelist for “Reaching Resolution in a Remote Revolution – Remote Mediation Do’s, Don’ts, and Best Practices” for the Broward County Bar Association, 2020
- Panelist for “Happiness for Lawyers, Six-Part CLE Webinar Series: Be Well. Stay Well” for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Florida Bar, 2020
- Panelist for “Community Approaches to Child Abuse and the Dependency System” for the Family Law Advisory Group and Dependency Court Improvement Program, 2016
- Panelist for “Abused and Neglected Children in the Dependency System” for the Philanthropic Educational Organization Chapter Meeting, 2016
- Speaker about “Abused and Neglected Children in the Dependency System” for Voices for Children of Broward County: Dream BIG Virtual Affair, 2020; Eighth Annual Soaring for Children, 2019; Seventh Annual Soaring for Children, 2018; Dream BIG Giving Breakfast, 2018; Sixth Annual Soaring for Children, 2017; Dream BIG Breakfast, 2017; Second Annual Dream BIG Luncheon, 2016; Fifth Annual Soaring for Children, 2016; Fourth Annual Soaring for Children, 2015; First Annual Dream BIG Luncheon, 2015; Third Annual Soaring for Children, 2014; Second Annual Soaring for Children, 2013; First Annual Soaring for Children, 2012; An Alluring Afternoon Luncheon, 2012
- BCBA Yoga for Lawyers Series, Broward County Bar Association Barrister, 2022
- 7 Things to Do Immediately When she Says You’re Gonna Be an Unexpected Dad, The BachelorGuy.com, 2011
- 8 Tips for Protecting your Children During a Divorce, Sports and Activities Directory, 2011
- Do’s and Don’ts of Child Support After Losing Your Job, Avvo.com, 2010
- The ABC’s of Parenting Plans, Avvo.com, 2010
Born and raised in Miami, Florida, Arielle obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Advertising & Public Relations from the University of Central Florida. Arielle received her Juris Doctor from Florida International University College of Law, where she was actively involved in the leadership of the Board of Advocates, the Negotiation Team, and other student associations. Before co-founding Levinson & Capuano, Arielle gained significant practical and courtroom experience at a small family law firm and then a general practice law firm.
“Arielle Capuano is professional, hard-working and dedicated. She worked very hard to get the best outcome in my case and was very successful. I was very pleased with Arielle’s representation and highly recommend her services.” – Divorce Client
To read a selection of what former clients have said about Arielle and our other attorneys, click here.